4 x PHP Developers (Mid level)
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R276K - R200K per annum|
|Experience||3+ years experience|
A position has become available for a mid level developer to be based in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will need to have an IT related degree/diploma/certificate and 3 plus years experience. The duties will include the development and maintenance of software.
• IT related Diploma / Degree / Certificate.
• Valid drivers license & own car required. [Non negotiable]
• 2-3 years experience in a similar position.
• Programming languages required PHP, advantageous cgi/perl/c
• Web technologies (java scripting), web2.0 (Ajax), jQuery advantageous.
• Database integration and SQL knowledge a must have, MySQL knowledge advantageous
• SQL and relational databases knowledge, ability to write SQL queries, triggers and store procs advatageous.
• Not looking for someone to do graphics but to take artwork given to them and create web pages.
• Good skills in research, analysis, design, project planning and implementation
• Flexibility to learn new languages where projects require it
• Knowledge of Linux advantageous.
• Bash scripting advantageous.
• Ability to establish and maintain a sense of discipline
• Ability to code W3C compliant, well-formed XHTML.
• Ability to code CSS for styling and pure div layouts.
• Ability to hand-code XHTML/CSS.
• Good understanding of cross browser compatibility and restrictions.
• Excellent concept design ability for web.
• Must be presentable to suit a corporate environment (well dressed and spoken).
• Analytical and methodical skills with a high attention to detail and pride in themselves and there work.
• Be self reliant, management of own time and delivery of tasks according to deadlines.
• Willing to continuously update personal IT skills and knowledge
• Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously
• Deliver according to timelines even if it means working outside of the normal working hours
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently (relatively little supervision).
• Be open to new ideas, methodologies and open to constructive criticism.
• A good positive attitude and demeanour, filled with energy and enthusiasm.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• The candidate’s primary responsibility would be:
o Web site maintenance using cgi/perl.
o To interpret technical specifications (when supplied), develop, test and deliver according to spec and document and support there developments
o Do extensive testing of there own development and ensure it meets company standards
o Ongoing maintenance and testing of development
• The role comprises approximately 50% back-end and 50% front-end application and web development.
• Must take responsibility for the developments, applications, systems, etc within their silo.
• Apply them selves and continually add value to their silo and the department.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za