Accountant - Accounts Payable
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R 360 K - R 240 K|
|Education||Bcom Accounting or diploma|
|Experience||Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Accountant - Accounts Payable in commerce and industry, Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in managing staff|
Accountant - Accounts Payable:
Location: Sunninghill, JHB
Salary: R 360 K - R 240 K
Remarkable position open for an Accountant to join a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm based in South Africa.
To become the ideal candidate you will have to have:
• Bcom Accounting or diploma
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Accountant - Accounts Payable in commerce and industry
• Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in managing staff
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Some duties include:
• Provides guidance for accounts payable accounting work according to IFRS principles performed by the team
• Review and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and prepares journal entries to correct general ledger balances as necessary
• Responsible for AP related account reconciliation and disbursements. Participates in the monthly close process. Also monitors and approves daily AP accounting activity and helps resolve coding and posting issues as necessary, to ensure all vendors are paid in a timely manner.
• Perform ad-hoc reviews and audits of work being done by the team, which may include: financial auditing, control testing for adherence to company policies and other reports and reconciliations such as: Days payable outstanding (DPO), debit balance reporting
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Casey on 011 234 686.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: finance.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za