Airfreight Export Controller
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||R180k - R120k|
|Experience||8 years experience|
Our client is looking for a Airfreight Export Controller to join their dynamic team
- Handle Airfreight Exports from start to finish, which entails receiving the phone call from the client, clarifying and understanding their needs, communicate with the airlines, make the booking, compiling all the required documentation (Bill of Entry, Airway bill, Certificate of Origin, EUR 1, Customs inspection / Registration for re-Importation, Drawback of Duty, Bank form NEP, CARNET clearances etc.).
- Customs Tariff the commodities being handled / exported.
- Follow up with Airlines for status of cargo and inform clients of the statues.
- Advise client of status via e-mail or fax.
- Request clients to fax documents to enable pre-clearance.
- Updating the client registers/status reports where required.
1. Must have a minimum of a Matric qualification.
2. Tertiary qualification – advantageous
3. Must have strong admin skills.
4. Must have strong technical skills.
5. Knowledge of customs regulations and statutory requirements.
6. Min 5 year’s industry and job related experience.
7. Be in possession of a valid and unendorsed Code 08 driver’s licence.
8. Must have good telephone and interpersonal skills at all levels.
9. Must have an aptitude for figures and be able to demonstrate good numeric skills.
10. Must have knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook combined with previous working experience on the Compu-clear computer system.
11. Be able to interact and participate in a team and be a Team player.
12. Work under pressure and extended hours when called upon to do so.
13. Exposure in imports and exports
14. Must be a team leader or be on the verge
15. Ability to pay attention to detail and deadlines.
16. Ability to work in a methodical and logical manner.
17. Ability to apply freight export principles – this is crucial.
18. Ability to work under pressure but with both speed and accuracy.
19. Self-starter and conscientious.
20. Pro-activeness in query resolution.
21. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
22. Ability to manage time and keep to pre-determined schedules with little supervision
23. Takes full responsibility for their actions and the impact that they have on others; self-driven with a desire to continually grow and improve on their performance
24. Identifies, clarifies/defines and works through challenges towards a defined outcome
25. Understands the broader business environment in which they work from an industry, organisation, Business Unit and role perspective
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 724 7757. You can also contact Tercia on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: logistics.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za