|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Northern Suburbs|
|Salary||R35K - R32K|
|Education||IT Related Degree/Diploma|
Our client, a Cape Town based Digital Agency is looking for a new native Android app developer to join their development team.
He or she will join the current team of developers, and will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in South Africa, such as Computicket, Ster-Kinekor, Discovery, Media24 and Soccer Laduma.
• Report to the Technical Director.
• Building native Android phone and tablet applications
• Maintenance of core Android applications on the commercial platforms.
• Support of applications and environment on new and legacy applications.
• New technology/methodology/language research and implementation.
• 3-4 years development experience with a minimum of 6 months active Android development.
• Excellent knowledge of database design, and development planning.
• Solid understanding of Java and the Android SDK.
• Solid understanding and awareness of best practices for Android development.
• Solid understanding of Android phone / tablet development process
• Ensure applications are maintained with optimal performance and scalability
• Experience interacting with various web services, including SOAP, REST, XML, JSON.
• Understanding of scalability, systems engineering, and algorithms
• Ensure source code meets development standards, functional specifications, and is easily maintainable
• Source code control understanding (experience with Subversion preferred)
• Provide accurate estimates for development of features/functionality
• Ability to translate business and functional requirements into technical solutions.
• Positive attitude with an ability to work in teams.
• Also able to work independently, and without supervision.
• Able to nurture and encourage junior developers.
• Ability to multi-task across numerous projects.
• Enjoys working in an incredibly fast-paced (but exciting) agency environment.
• Able to work under pressure, and is still able to deliver on deadlines whilst doing so.
• Problem solving and must be a logical thinker.
• End-user oriented.
• Desire to grow, and become the best in the industry.
• Assist in rollout of application functionality to Test/UAT/Production environments
• Having applications published to Android Market
• Experience in other mobile app development platforms including HTML 5 based applications
• Experience with OpenGL and 3D graphics
• Diploma or degree in Information Technology (or similar course).
• Remuneration is negotiable, and will depend on the applicant's level of experience.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za