Area Construction Manager
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Namibia|
|Salary||800- 600 K|
|Education||National Diploma/ Btech|
An exciting opportunity exists for a Construction Manager to be based in Namibia, on contract basis.
• Responsible for the management of site construction activities within your area of responsibility to ensure that construction and pre-commissioning activities are carried out safely in accordance with the design, drawings and quality plan for the project and that the completed project meets the requirements of the client, the design, statutory authorities and specific project requirements.
• Have prime responsibility for the implementation and enforcement of the project Health, Safety and Environmental, (HSE), policy, procedures and plans in close cooperation with the HSE Advisors on the project
• Have prime responsibility, through the Construction Supervisors and in liaison with the Site Quality Coordinator and Site Engineering, for quality of work on site
• Responsible to identify potential HSE hazards in your area together with contractors working in the area and to lead the development of risk treatment plans in consultation with the assigned HSE Advisor to your area.
• Manage the Construction Supervisors under your control to ensure completion of the construction work, safely, to the required quality standards, the required sequence of priorities and full compliance with contract requirements.
• Pro-actively manage and co-ordinate all construction related activities of contractors and project personnel relative to your area of responsibility with respect to site engineering, planning, cost control, procurement, contracts administration, empowerment, material control, quality, pre-commissioning and construction services to ensure the complete and correct execution of the construction activities and obligations in achieving the project objectives and upholding the key performance indicators.
• Be familiar with and ensure the correct implementation of the requirements of the Industrial Relations Policy, Project Labour Agreement, Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental management plan and regulations, and the form of contract under which the various contracts have been placed.
• Ensure that the project schedules are maintained with particular reference to direction and control of contractors in meeting milestone dates within your area of responsibility and that the 90-Day Rolling Horizon Look Ahead process is implemented and maintained.
• Assist with the evaluation of scope changes, Change Orders, etc and ensure that no unauthorised work is carried out by contractors.
• Ensures a coordinated construction supervisory effort in your area of responsibility.
• Responsible for the administration of site contractors in your area of responsibility, establishment of contractors files, site inductions, kick off meetings, laydown and work areas, weekly site meetings, manpower, equipment and progress reports, daily diaries, co-ordination with other contractors, critical issues, site instructions, change orders, back charges, monthly progress certificates, close out reports.
• Client liaison including weekly client meetings, safety statistics, manpower statistics, progress report, critical issues, site visits, personnel movements.
• Assist the Construction Manager to develop and agree a handover plan for the plant including as-built drawings and pre-commissioning data as required by the Head Contract.
• At least 10 years hands-on experience in construction management, including remote locations and other countries, in particular third world countries.
• Extensive knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental Management principles, practices and statutory requirements.
• Sound commercial skills and thorough understanding of the various forms of contract, commercial terms and conditions.
• General multi discipline engineering knowledge
• Practical multi disciple construction knowledge
• Financial management, cost control and forecasting acumen.
• Good understanding of industrial relations management practices
• Highly literate to ensure clear communication, both verbally and written.
• Thorough knowledge of and hands on experience with computers and associated software packages.
• Thorough knowledge of and hands on experience with, the development, resourcing and monitoring of schedules.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nicki or Shannon on 011 234 6868. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za