|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Midrand|
|Salary||R22K – R20K|
|Education||Tertiary Qualification in Food Science|
A challenging role has arisen in one of South Africa’s leading Food Companies for a technically strong individual to join the Research & Development team in the East Rand. This Food manufacturing concern is an environment that focuses on innovation and process optimization.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Tertiary Qualification in Food Science
• 3 years' experience in complex process plant preferably in Beverage manufacturing
• Own car and be willing to drive extensively
• Scientific understanding and implementation - acquisition of key scientific information to support the R&D activities
• Applying the theory of formulation and process technology to food product development
• Food/beverage knowledge structure and function of components, such as proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids and other bio molecules
• The ability to analyze information against objectives, explain results, make recommendations, and develop practical next steps based on general knowledge of statistical principles.
• Information Management-ability to use relevant software to enter, organizes, and calculates data and information in a manner such that relevant business opportunities are developed from the subsequent interpretation of results. (For example; SCADA, SAP).
• Assist the R & D Manager to provide a link and guidance for brand/category strategy and execution relation to innovations.
• Ability to prioritize, plan, manage, procure resources and execute projects or portions of projects against cost, schedule, performance and quality targets
• Assist the R & D Manager to create and validate labelling information based on interpreting and evaluating formulas and relevant regulations to ensure legally compliant packaging. This includes knowing the placement, content, and format of nutritional information for packaging, additives, trade and metrology
• Assist the R & D Manager to apply established, standardized, allowable types of claims. This includes an understanding for each type of claim and analytic approaches to substantiate each type of claim. This includes working knowledge of government regulations and industry best practices.
Candidates without the above required qualifications will unfortunately not be considered for the position.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 718 2245. You can also contact Hector/Chanel on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za