Brownfield Construction Advisor
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Nigeria|
|Salary||$ - $|
|Education||Bachelor degree in Engineering|
|Experience||15 years of related work experience|
An engineering company is looking for a Brownfield Construction Advisor for their petrochemical department.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering (or related field)
• 15 years of related work experience, including supervisory/managerial experience within a large Engineering firm is required
• Professional registration with active membership in a professional society is required
• Must have extensive knowledge and experience with offshore brownfield projects with the ability to schedule works, coordinate vessel movements, permitting etc.
• Knowledgeable in the establishment and application of engineering management systems, processes, and tools
• Excellent technical and practical skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work
• Competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and a sound knowledge in relevant software
• HSE Capability: Responsible for personal safety and his/her staffs safe working practices for the organisation. Understand and follow HSE procedures.
• Proficiency in utilizing PC and various computer engineering applications software is required
• Ability to perform as a job leader on large projects is required
• People Skills: Requires communication skills to be able to successfully work in a team environment and communicate effectively with other disciplines
• Integrity & trust, Action orientation, Drive for Results, Zero Harm, Technical & Functional Skill, Customer Focus, Dealing with change
• Building Business Relations, Presentation Skills, Time Management, Problem Solving, Timely Decision Making, Organising
• Work/Life Balance, Planning, Business Acumen, Managing & Measuring work, Negotiating, Conflict Management, Developing Team Members, Build Effective Teams
• Participate in and support the Projects' Safety Program and OneWay requirements through, safety walks, attending safety reviews, safety input into procedures, designs, and pre commissioning activities
• Demonstrate safety leadership through the promotion and stewardship of the Project's safety tools
• Ensure that all works are performed safely and in accordance with the Projects procedures and specifications
• Assist in the preparation of any procedures that may be needed to execute the Project
• Perform all field engineering for discipline requirements
• Be the primary contact for any project technical support and provide liaison with home office engineering for the resolution of all technical issues that cannot be resolved at site
• Perform quality inspections and liaise with the Client's inspection group to ensure they are advised to attend inspections as required
• Raise Non Conformance Reports for any defective or non-conforming workmanship or materials
• Ensure that Non Conformance Reports and Corrective Actions are prepared, collated and that they are closed out prior to Turnover
• Assist in the development of and then maintain the Turnover Dossier. Ensure that all systems are complete and that all activities necessary to get the system pre-commissioned have been performed and documented
• Ensure that all testing, pre-commissioning, and Turnover activities are progressing in line with the Project
• Schedule and the Client team signs-off the relevant check sheets. Ensure the Contractors prepare documentation for field tests that require review and approval by the Client
• Work closely with the Construction Superintendents to ensure that the contractors produce the required quality of work in line with the Projects drawings and specifications. Work closely with the Construction Superintendents to ensure that the Contractors understand and produce QC documentation and that it is generally handed over in the correct system priority
• Attend Project progress meetings and deliver a status of site engineering activities
• Produce reports on Construction, QA/QC, Pre-commissioning and Turnover progress
• Supervise Vendor Representatives attendance in line with the schedule and verify that the work is performed by them before they depart site
• Assist in the measurement of progress for monitoring payment of progress claims
• Complete other responsibilities associated with the position as required by the Chief Field Engineer
• Ensure that punch lists are prepared, collated and that the punch items are cleared expediently. Participate in the Punch list Meetings
We offer a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to +27 (0) 86 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on +27 (0) 21 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za