|Location||Mpumalanga, Gert Sibande District|
|Salary||R1.5m - R1m|
|Education||Minimum BSc Geology with Honours|
|Experience||At least 5 years experience in divisional geologist management level|
A major coal mining company based in Mpumalanga requires a Chief Geologist who will manage all the geological services of both the operating mine and projects within it.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum BSc Geology with Honours
• Postgraduate in Mineral Resources
• Business and / project management (added advantage)
• Registration with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP) (added advantage)
• At least 5 years experience in divisional geologist management level
• Computer literate, Mintex (mine modelling software), Arciew (GIS software)
• Experience in Geological ore body modelling, resource estimation, database management and geographical information systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of Samrec code for reporting mineral resources and reserves
• Report writing and presentation skills
Should you meet the requirements for this position, you can forward your comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 0867182242. Alternatively you can phone Tendai/ Precious / Mercy on 011 2346868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates.
Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: mining.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za