Chief Mechanical Engineer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||$ - $|
|Education||BSc (Mechanical Engineering) / B Eng (Mechanical), B Tech (Mechanical)|
|Experience||15 years minimum experience|
A global engineering and construction contractor is looking for a Chief Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation and performance of the Mechanical, Vessel, and Heat Exchanger Group both in the servicing of individual projects and pursuance of strategic goals and management policies.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• BSc (Mechanical Engineering) / B Eng (Mechanical), B Tech (Mechanical)
• 15 years minimum experience
• Administration, overall technical directions and co-ordination of all mechanical engineering and design work carried out by the group
• Ensuring that all activities carried out by the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group complies with and supports the organisation’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Management System
• Forward planning and assessment of technical and human resources to ensure that the duties of the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group are carried out within the agreed man-hour budgets, cost budgets and time schedules
• Ensures adequate manning of the Mechanical, Vessel, and Heat Exchanger Group by reviewing current and projected workloads, implementing hiring programmes together with the Manager, Engineering Operations and establishing overtime practice as applicable
• Controls the quality of work produced by his / her staff by ensuring that established review and approval procedures and implemented and conducting regular project reviews with his subordinates
• Controls the discipline's project cost and progress by directing and supervising staff in their day-to-day activities including co-ordinating and approving the allocation of work
• Ensures that the service provided by the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group on projects is effective by routine consultation with project managers, reviewing progress reports and implementing positive management strategies
• Improves the performance of the Mechanical, Vessel, and Heat Exchanger Group by reviewing and supervising the application of approved standards, procedures, specifications and training programs
• Co-ordinates the activities of the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group with those of other departments within the organisation by establishing and maintaining effective communication at all levels
• Evaluates the performance of Mechanical, Vessel, and Heat Exchanger personnel by means of staff assessment procedures and observing their activities
• Advises and supports group personnel with technical problems by consulting outside sources or using his / her own experience
• Develops, reviews and approves project and proposal estimates and schedules by referencing the project scope of work and discussing the estimates and schedules with his / her engineers and those of other disciplines
• Assists in the development and implementation of training schemes and improvement programmes
• Performs engineering functions as required on allocated engineering projects
• Reviews computer aided resources in the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group to ensure maintenance of up to date CAE resources
• Approves the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group input to job close-out reports
• Approves all weekly timesheets submitted by members of the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group.
• Participates in the recommendations of salary adjustments for personnel in the Mechanical, Vessel and Heat Exchanger Group
• Performs such duties as may reasonably be assigned to him / her by the Manager Engineering Operations
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to +27 (0) 86 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on +27 (0) 21 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance, Logistics or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za