|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Africa|
|Salary||R950k - R750k|
|Education||BSc / BEng / BTech in Civil Engineering or Construction Management/Studies|
|Experience||Minimum 10 years’ experience|
A leading Consulting Engineering Firm is looking for a Construction Manager, to be based on various projects throughout Africa.
• BSc / BEng / BTech in Civil Engineering or Construction Management/Studies
• Registered as a Project Management Professional (PMP) and therefore be completely familiar with the application of PMBOK processes and fundamentals, will be an advantage
• Minimum 10 years’ experience working on large multi-discipline construction projects with proven knowledge of construction procedures and typical productivity associated with construction equipment
• Proven experience as a Site Agent (minimum two large assignments > R 50 million) or Contract Manager (minimum one large assignment of > R50 million)
• Proven experience of working with NEC3 and FIDIC contracts
• Proficient in MSWord, MS Excel (advanced), MS Outlook, MS Project or Primavera (advanced)
• Site based contract management and administration in accordance with the requirements of the contract
• Compile and manage project budget and schedule with particular emphasis on scope management and its impact on time and cost management. Compilation and revisions of schedules will require the application of sound knowledge of construction processes and the productivity of construction resources typically associated with these processes
• Manage the interfacing of construction activities under his/her control with other construction activities on site (integration management)
• Compile and submit progress reports in accordance with agreed formats and reporting frequencies
• Manage the activities of assigned construction supervisors ensuring compliance with requirements of the contract which are applicable to the supervisors with particular emphasis on quality management and adherence to the project quality plan
• Appropriate notifications and instructions as required by the contract
• Adhere to document control procedures
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV, with project details, to email@example.com. You can also contact Corlia on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za