Country Manager - Angola
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Angola|
|Salary||R2.5mil - R1mil|
|Education||BSc/BEng Civil, PrEng|
A world-leading engineering consultancy is looking for a leader to provide management and leadership of the company in Angola. The position has both a strategic and operational accountability, while having a direct impact on client targeting and project delivery to achieve growth and profitability in Angola.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
• Accountable for the development of a strong management team to drive project, people and financial performance in Angola.
• Accountable for the delivery of all projects from within Angola. This includes the timeliness, quality, risk management, project financial performance and scope management of the projects, in line with the company methodology.
• Responsible for the efficient and effective use of all office resources, ensuring the alignment with current and future work horizons.
Winning Work & Client Relationships
• Accountable for the generation of revenue for the Country market through business development, client networks and relationships, proposals, tenders and bids.
• Responsible for the on-going marketing and promotion of the brand in the local market in order to achieve projected growth.
• Input into strategic planning for the broader geographic market.
• Accountable for the Office’s approval of all major tenders and proposals.
• Accountable for the financial performance of the Country, in accordance with business plans and budgets.
• Responsible for ensuring operational efficiency within the Country, including proactive cost management.
• Accountable for debt control and debt risk exposure.
People Management & Competency Development
• Accountable for the leadership, appointment, management and development and motivation of all employees within the Office. This includes performance management, performance and development, career development, skill and competency development Provide input to the Service Group Leaders in relation to the performance of Service Group Unit employees in Office (where applicable).
• Responsible for providing input to Heads of Business Support Services to ensure appropriate service levels to the Office.
• Accountable for the achievement of diversity measures in the office.
• Accountable for the long and short term strategic planning and development and tactical initiatives for the Office. This includes decisions pertaining to the diversification, enhancement or cessation of competencies, services or technologies in the geography.
• Responsible for encouraging the participation and promotion of corporate social responsibility programmes.
• Responsible for the compliance to company policies and procedures and act as a role model for the company’s values and behaviours.
• Is accountable for ensuring compliance to all legal and statutory obligations and is the company’s chief statutory officer for the country which may include personal liability for particular aspects of the company’s operations.
• Accountable for ensuring operational efficiency within the region, including proactive cost management
Qualifications and Experience
• BEng or BSc
• PrEng or should be eligible for professional registration with the Angolan authorities
• Relevant professional or technical specialization and experience
• Project Management qualification and experience
• Strong Business, Financial and Sales acumen
• Management experience and/or qualification
• Proven management and leadership ability
• 10+ years’ experience in delivering engineering solutions to clients in a professional services environment
• Fluent (Read, write, speak) in English and Portuguese
• Experience working in emerging markets, especially in Portuguese speaking African countries
• Angolan Nationals or persons who have a long term residence status
• Extensive experience in Angola
Should you meet the above requirements and wish to sink your teeth into this exciting opportunity, please send a detailed CV to Roxanne on email@example.com; or call her on 021 555 0432,
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za