Dams Engineering Specialist
|Location||Civil Engineering Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R850k - R650k|
|Education||BSc/BEng Civil, PrEng|
|Experience||8 - 15 years|
A large global provider of professional services to the energy, resource and complex process industries has an exciting opportunity for a Dams Engineering Specialist to work on a mega resource infrastructure project
The project is a multi-disciplinary water transfer project to be undertaken in Southern Africa. It involves the collection and transfer of water via a series of major dams and tunnels. The project also involves significant associated infrastructure including roads, power supplies and communications as well as a possible hydro-power station.
The requirement is to assemble of team of experts to help the client oversee the delivery of the project.
Personnel must have expertise in the construction of large scale water transfer schemes involving dams and tunnels and the management of engineering, environmental and socio-economic effects of disturbance of landscapes and rural communities as follows:
• Dams, tunnels and infrastructure engineering
• Procurement – International standard tender documentation and tender assessment.
• Contract administration.
• Project and construction supervision, monitoring and co-ordination.
• Environmental impact assessment and management.
• Compensation, resettlement, socio-economic development and public health management.
• Financial management.
• Public relations.
• Feasibility up to detailed design, procurement, construction supervision, contract admin and project management in
large scale (not less than R300mil) water sector infrastructure projects.
• Responsible for score of work and oversee implementation of design, standards and procedures
• BSc/BEng Civil Engineering
• 10 years’ experience in Engineering Design
• Must have acted as a Civil Engineer for at least 2 similar projects, with solid FIDIC experience
• Specialist in dam infrastructure
• Fluent English. Fully familiar with relevant engineering norms, standards and procedures. Similar project experience in
Lesotho or SA Region
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 605 3312. You can also contact Roxanne on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za