Design Project Manager (Dams & Hydropower)
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Africa|
|Salary||R2m – R1m|
International Firm of Consulting Engineers requires the services of a Design Project Manager to join their Dams & Hydropower division in Kenya.
Primary Purpose of Position:
• The project manager will lead and manage a multi-disciplinary specialist team to achieve technical and financial delivery of SMEC’s dam hydropower and dam design projects.
• Manage all aspects of the design process from initial layout concept to full detailed design documentation
• Responsible for preparing designs (to the level specified in the project contract) for development of hydropower projects
• Manage the production of design documentation (design reports, drawings, contract specifications, bill of quantities etc.)
• Ensure compliance with the relevant design codes and standards as outlined in the contract and the national requirement
• Liaise with the client and their engineers as required, and attend meeting with client as required
• Represent the client in technical and contractual issues, and provide relevant expertise
• As required review studies, designs and records relevant to the project execution and contract administration
• Review the clients development program to ensure design works comply with the program and relevant standards to meet the clients and company’s criterions
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Civil or Hydropower degree/higher degree from accredited university/college,
• Minimum 10 years of practical experience in project management experience covering reconnaissance, investigation, planning, design and development of hydropower projects
• Strong experience in design of major infrastructure projects
• Highly adept in line managing other engineers
• Strong relationship management skills and business acumen
• A high level of contract appreciation
• Strong computer skills, strong writing and communication skills and work well in a team environment
• Ability to write effectively in English to furnish reports and to prepare business development materials including proposals
• An exposure to both internal funded projects and private development will be an advantage
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
• Professional delivery and appearance to ensure SMEC image is maintained
• Courteous and business orientated manner when communicating with stakeholders to foster and promote good working relations
• Co-operative and flexible work style to work in a team environment
• Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
• Ability to apply new knowledge
• Ability to work under pressure
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 718 2241. You can also contact Roxanne on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za