Digital Signage Engineer - MG13102015
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs|
|Salary||R36k - R28k per month (depending on experience)|
|Education||IT Related Degree or Diploma|
|Experience||3+ years' experience|
Our client is looking for a Digital Signage Engineer to join their team, the African IT team is based out of the National Head Office in Claremont, Cape Town and provides IT and support services across all of the systems in place for the company in Sub Saharan Africa. Supporting a user base of around 5000 staff and nearly eight hundred thousand members, the teams are lean and efficient with an emphasis on operational service. This delivery role provides solution support to new and existing digital signage solutions across the estate, supporting digital signage in over 115 clubs.
Keeping our clubs running smoothly requires plenty of communication: time tables, announcements, promotions, instructional video and more. The company has deployed digital signage solutions to keep this communication fresh, up to date and manageable across our growing health club chain.
Working in our solution delivery teams, the Digital Signage Engineer is responsible for administering and supporting the hardware and software framework used to create, distribute and display digital signage in our clubs.
• Work with the property development teams to plan and budget digital signage hardware and software requirements for new club builds and club refurbishments
• Determine the optimal in-club license requirements
• Ensure the physically deployed licenses match the license agreements and asset register
• Set up and maintain frameworks for club data such as time tables or group exercise media
• Work with marketing teams to plan content delivery to clubs
• Provide education to the IT service desk to enable end user support
• Prepare and ship new in-club media servers as required
• Support new club openings
• Provide support to resolve issues passed from the support team
Fit for the company? (What we’re looking for)
• An ambassador for the company at all times
• Great attention to detail
• Someone who continually looks for ways to improve the quality of our services and our efficiency
• Comfortable with occasional chaos that comes with working in an ambitious and challenging company
• Someone who is creative, pragmatic and technical
What we’d love you to have
• Experience or qualifications supporting an end user computing environment
• Experience configuring or using Net Display Systems PADS software
• Experience working with digital content creation tools
• Experience administering and using SharePoint
• Experience with PowerPoint
• Industry experience with high-touch customer service organisations
• An interest in health and fitness
• Experience with Microsoft tools and packages
• BONUS would be experience in Adobe FireWorks, Photoshop or Illustrator
Mission Accomplished! (What success in this role will be measured on)
• A predictable level of availability for digital media solutions
• A fall back plan for cover – skilling up someone else on the team
• Standards for digital media in each club
• Digital media solutions that fail elegantly, are monitored and recoverable
• A set of tools and processes that everyone understands and buys into
• Being the recognised company digital media solutions evangelist
• Keeping relevant with tools and techniques so that the company is always current, lean and agile
Where Do I Fit?
• This role reports into the delivery organisation, led by the Head of Information Systems
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Kirstin on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za