Engineering Manager (CT)
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
Precision engineering company based in Cape Town
· Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
· Diploma/Degree in Business Management
· GCC Government Certificate of Competency
· 7 plus years’ experience in engineering with a proven record of design experience in fine mechanics.
· 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience in high-volume manufacturing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain solid understanding of the competitive set, and emerging technology to help identify gap or opportunity \
areas for technical point of difference in products (through benchmarking process);
· Manage the Engineers, Technicians and provide interface with product line managers concerning customer
· Provide support to CEO; practices powerful reporting and in-depth analysis; prepare presentations for proposals;
manage commercial information consistently in order to offer accurate assessments.
· Lean Manufacturing
· Product Development
· Knowledge and understanding of product manufactured and technologies employed
· Knowledge of company ERP system and other company systems
· Knowledge of company systems and procedures
· Knowledge of the Labour act, OHSA and or any other regulatory acts which may affect the company;
· Proficient computer skills – MS Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project, Solid Edge, Auto CAD
· Strong leadership skills
· Organizational and planning ability
· Mentoring and coaching skills
Salary: Market Related
Closing Date: 30 November 2014
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 718 2245. You can also contact Jessica / Chanel on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za