Engineering Manager (Energy)
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Salary||R400k – R300k|
|Education||BSc / BEng in Electrical Engineering|
|Experience||Minimum 8 years|
A leading Engineering Firm is looking for an Engineering Manager (Energy), to be based in Cape Town.
• BSc / BEng in Electrical Engineering
• Government Certificate of Competence (GCC)
• Minimum 8 years’ experience
• Sales / Marketing experience
• Titles of Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and/or Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP) would be advantageous
• Good understanding of electrical systems, renewable resources, HVAC systems, building management systems
• Knowledge of OHSA and other legal/regulatory requirements
• Technical expertise and decision making ability on a daily basis
• Provide the focus and drive for advancing energy management/reduction efforts and Energy Conservation Measures (ECM’s) within and outside the Group
• Provide the leadership for the Group wide energy management /reduction plans and integrate the processes into site operations
• Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for energy management, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, communicating and educating others on relevant topics
• Research and evaluate options, present recommendations, and implement programs for reducing energy and utility usage and the associated costs
• Maintain knowledge various incentive / funding programs
• Analyze projects in relation to total life cycle costs and prepare proposals
• Active participation in meetings and reporting to management structures
• Energy Consumption reduction Targets
• Energy Efficiency Program Design & Implementation
• Energy Assessments & Analysis Programs
• Monitor Energy Interventions
• Increase Group self-generation capacity from renewable sources
• Project management
• Analysing and attending to electrical competent person reports
• Scheduling of routine maintenance w.r.t. transformers, electrical switchboards and equipment, substations etc.
• Sourcing of new business
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV, with project details, to email@example.com. You can also contact Corlia, Heather or Laura on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za