|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Education||Degree Engineering GCC|
An Engineering Manager is needed at Design and Manufacturing Company based in Cape Town. The purpose of the position is to provide technical direction and business guidance to the engineering team. The candidate needs to deliver on applicable operational and strategic objectives set by the CEO.
• Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. A Diploma/Degree in Business Management and GCC would be an advantage.
• 7 plus years’ experience in engineering with a proven record of design experience in fine mechanics.
• 5 years of supervisory/managerial experience in high-volume manufacturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Product Development
• Manage project workload within the engineering team, ensuring new products are delivered on time;
• Coordinate engineering responses for customer inquiries related to requests for quotation, product application design performance, quality claims and field issues;
• Maintain solid understanding of the competitive set, and emerging technology to help identify gap or opportunity areas for technical point of difference in products (through benchmarking process);
• Process Engineering
• Overall management responsibility to initiate and execute capital investment projects for the plant;
• Implementation of project management principles;
• Provide support to process Engineers on equipment-technical specification on new projects;
• Manage Engineers, graduate trainees, and provide leadership and technical support;
• Implement action plans to keep engineering downtime at minimal levels and assist Engineers to improve overall equipment efficiency by embracing best engineering practices;
• Provide technical support to other functions to ensure business/operational objectives are achieved;
• Provide support to CEO, overview project proposals linked to OHS Act and GMR;
• Contribute to Operations Management team (SHEQ, Engineering, Materials) and general operations strategy;
• Confer with Operations Management team to resolve plant problems of any nature and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines, new product introductions and overall plant efficiency;
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 718 2245. You can also contact Chanel on 011 234 6868.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za