|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg, East|
A suitably experienced and highly skilled Engineering Manager is required at a FMCG pharmaceutical company in Johannesburg East.
Purpose of the position:
To lead the Engineering Services Department, throughout the organisation, with overall responsibility, to maintain plant equipment, facilities, utilities and systems in a way that ensures production reliability for production of low cost, high quality products in compliance with all engineering, legislative and safety standards.
Responsible for installation, maintenance, safe operation and repair of electrical, mechanical and instrumentation equipment in plant as required, supporting the current assembly operation.
To be a key member of site management team responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, quality, environmental practices.
• Mechanical or Electro/ mechanical engineering degree. Government certificate (GCC) would be an advantage
• 10 Plus years’ experience with increasing responsibilities in maintenance, engineering, or production; including 8 years supervisory experience. Experience in both self-directed work teams and autonomous maintenance preferred
• Experience in a pharmaceutical sector, preferably at a similar position
• Manage the Maintenance department based on a preventative maintenance strategy to maintain all equipment, facilities, and systems in a safe and efficient working condition while achieving an accident free work place and meeting all machinery/product safety and quality standards;
• Provide leadership that optimize the talent contribution of a multi-skilled maintenance team. With HR assist with the hiring, selection, and training of personal to ensure personnel are qualified to perform the work effectively and safely;
• Responsible for an effective maintenance parts & supplies procurement program that achieves reliability and cost objectives;
• Manage and administer the maintenance of HVAC systems, industrial boilers, compressors, transformers, effluent plant, RO plant, etc.;
• Prepare and manage departmental budgets and plans;
• Prepare and manage annual and long range Maintenance and Utilities strategies;
• Assure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations;
• Develop collaborative relationship with peers to ensure optimum use of resources, budgets, priorities and schedules for maintenance while optimising production etc.
Should you meet the above requirements and you would like to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can contact Chanel Jaclyn, or Sian on 0112346868 for more info. Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za