|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Education||bsc/B-tech Food Technology|
A food technologist is required at a well know retail company based in Cape Town.
• Minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
• B-Tech Food Technology, BSc Food Science or relevant qualification
• In-depth knowledge of and experience in Food Microbiology; Food Chemistry and Laboratory Practices
• Ability to assess risk and manage food safety.
• Strong integrator - proven ability to work within a matrix and across Business Units
• Ability to benchmark best practices internationally
• Project manage implementation into the supply chain
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability
• Wide and deep knowledge of a broad spectrum of food products and the food industry
• Strong sourcing of service providers experience
• Financial skills - ability to draw up and manage budgets and to cost projects and products
• Ability to transfer and develop skills across Foods
• Policy and procedure development skills. Basic Strategy development skills - Ability to provide input into appropriate Technical strategies and interpret strategy into operating plans
• Measure and report on SLA delivery
• Compile guidelines and standards for supplier and contracting labs and audit them against these
• Report and follow up on non-conformances
• Build relationships with service providers
• Benchmark available labs
• Compile and maintain list of preferred labs for required tests
• Manage accounts with lab
• Coordinate Workgroups (Micro and Chemistry)
• Focus on and resolve topical issues
• Ensure groups meet as agreed
• Drive the updating of manuals and guidelines through the workgroups
• Arrange presentations and talks of topical issue
• Test methodologies, Laboratory Practices and Quality Management Systems
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 718 2245. You can also contact Chanel on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za