Front and Back-end Developing Manager
|Location||C# Jobs in Cape Town|
|Education||Degree/diploma in computer science/related discipline/equivalent combination of education and work experience|
A large company in the marketing industry is looking for a talented and passionate manager to manage its technical department consisting of front and back-end developers. The company’s team is made up of smart, creative and passionate producers, executives, creatives, software engineers, search marketers and researchers which will provide you with a refreshing and vibrant working environment.
• Minimum 4 years commercial Java experience. Minimum of 2 years J2EE experience.
• Minimum of 3 years web development experience using HTML and CSS.
• Grails, Struts, Web work or other MVC based web framework experience.
• Database development experience using ORM like Hibernate Git, Subversion or similar version control experience.
• Experience leading a team or playing a leading role in a team.
• Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and/or Gmail.
• Researches and keeps abreast of key technical developments and innovations within the industry and encourages direct reports to do the same.
• Provide leadership in the IT industry through published articles, conference speaking engagements, whitepapers, or widely circulated blog posts.
• Identifies work opportunities and prepares or assists with the preparation of technical proposals as required.
• Attends client meetings to facilitate conversation around technical concepts of current or future work.
• Promotes the technical capability of the department, both within and outside the Company, through lectures, technical publications and /or general involvement with the industry.
• Ensures that the department delivers against financial targets as outlined in the budget.
• Sets the technology strategy for the department in conjunction with the CTO.
• Carries out the duties which may be reasonably requested within the broad parameters of the role.
• Conducts detailed analysis on existing internal and external projects.
• Does maintenance and development on key internal projects.
• Works on a wide range of projects using modern server-side and client-side programming languages. Sets, communicates and enforces coding standards within the team.
• Recruits department members with the appropriate experience, qualifications and aptitude to match the needs of the company.
• Acts as a mentor to department members.
• Identifies shortcomings and contributes to the development of the technical and management competence of direct reports through training.
• Sets goals and conducts quarterly performance reviews of direct reports.
• Ensures department projects are delivered to the highest standard.
• Ensures the emotional health of the department is in good standing.
• Facilitates the annual salary reviews of the department.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za