HOD Software Development
|Location||C# Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R65 000 - R60 000 CTC|
|Education||It Related degree or diploma|
|Experience||6+ years' experience as a developer|
Our client, in Johannesburg, is looking for an HOD Software Development with proven experience to head up their development team.
This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced / dynamic team leader to exhibit and hone the skills acquired in areas of Software Development; Software Architecture; Staff Management; Business Strategy; and new product development ( to mention a few). The company’s main focus is digital solutions within the shopping mall environment.
The work is varied, and includes a mixture of digital projects (websites, apps, social media communication, etc.), creative solutions, branding, campaigns and much, much more. They are looking for someone that is not scared to get his hands dirty and at the same time provide direction and guidance to a growing development team.
As the head of the department, you must be able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, guide your team to take a brief from concept through to completion, encourage innovative ideas, engage in problem solving, impress with your object oriented approach, allowing for scalability, ensure robust programming solutions, etc.
Key skills and competencies:
• Six(+) years’ experience as a developer
• Must have led a development team for at least 3 years
• Five (+) years’ experience with ASP.NET / C#.
• Five (+) years working with SQL Server (2012 preferred).
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
• Deep knowledge of the .NET 4.0/4.5 Framework, including Visual Studio 2013, C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC with Razor Scripting, ASMX and WCF Web Services, ADO.NET (Entity Framework beneficial), IIS 7.5/8.
• Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
• Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
• Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2012 stored procedures.
• Experience with JQuery or similar technologies.
• Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary.
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, exhibit exceptional relationship management and people management skills.
• Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices while leading and mentoring a team of developers.
• Be able to work on their own as well as motivate and direct a team
• Be able to work to tight deadlines
• Be thorough and precise in their work
• Be able to multi-task
• Troubleshooting and problem solving
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to deal with clients and take jobs from brief through to finished artwork
• Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work under pressure and deliver on quick turnaround times
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Kirstin on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za