|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Krugersdorp|
|Education||B-tech N6 Process Instrumentation|
A well-established food manufacturing company based in Johannesburg is looking for a suitably qualified Instrument Technician to join their team.
• Qualified artisan with at least N6 qualification in Process Instrumentation or B-Tech Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification.
• Minimum 5 years maintenance experience in the Production/FMCG environment.
• Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office and maintenance software
• Strong knowledge of PLCs (mainly Allen Bradley, Siemens), ACDC drives and SCADA networks.
• Strong PLC programming skills and thorough knowledge of operator interfaces and Wonderware.
• Working experience with industrial communication methodologies (RS-232, ASI, Profibus, Ethernet)
• Knowledge of the OHS Act (safety legislation) is essential
• Extensive experience with operator interfaces; and energy devices such as drives; servo drives; thyristors; soft starters etc.
• To adhere to SHERQ and legal standards and procedures and assist Line Management in the improvement thereof
• To perform the asset care activities as required by the CMMS systems and procedures
• To calibrate, repair and maintain control gear/instrumentation and associated equipment to ensure operation within set standards
• To maintain PLCs and SCADA systems and networks (hardware and software) and perform changes/modification as required
• To continuously evaluate the process control philosophy and initiate improvement actions in order to achieve asset performance targets
• To stay abreast of technological advancements related to control instrumentation
• To accurately and timeously report process equipment deviations to stakeholders
• Ensure proper back-up of all PLC programs and maintain records of all upgrades
• Perform internal audits in terms of existing quality systems and ISO 14001
• Ensure availability of critical spares for all process control equipment.
• Carry out defined and necessary checks on all instrumentation equipment.
• Installation and maintenance of all instrumentation equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance and optimize availability
• Ensure total adherence to all safety, health and environmental procedures and guidelines as well as all other company policies and procedures.
• Complete modifications to all instrumentation equipment in accordance with specified instructions.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 718 2245. You can also contact Chanel or Hector on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za