Java Application Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||R600K – R420K per annum|
|Education||B.Sc. Degree or relevant IT Diploma|
|Experience||Minimum 5 years Java Development experience|
Our Cape Town client is looking for a Java Application Developer to join their development team. The successful candidate will be working as part of a highly skilled dynamic team that build and support applications in a technically exciting and challenging industry. The candidate will be expected to design, develop, test, document and support applications written in Java running on Linux for the mobile space.
• IT Related Degree/ Diploma
• Minimum 5 years Java Development experience
• Exposure to the full software life cycle
• Experience developing high performance, scalable, reliable applications
• Strong OO development skills in core Java
• Multithreaded, stand-alone server application development
• Inter-process communications using TCP/IP sockets
• SQL, relational database design and JDBC, preferably with MySQL
• Strong JVM configuration and tuning experience
• Experience in Java Server Pages (JSP), Java ME, FireFly, Glassfish, Spring, caraf or OSGI framework, Design Patterns, Communications protocols, Test driven development (TDD), Linux, C++, Delphi, PHP or other language experience.
• Linux (intermediate). Expert with bash scripting experience preferred.
• Version control systems - CVS/SVN/GIT (intermediate)
• CentOS/Fedora/RHEL (Bonus)
• High availability experience (Bonus)
• Redmine, Jira, trello or other issue tracking experience
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za