|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg, North|
|Salary||R50k - R20k per month|
|Education||BSc Degree or equivalent|
|Experience||3 - 5 years|
The purpose of the job is for the Senior Java Developer to produce high quality code within time estimates. You will be involved with the design, development, testing and documenting support applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• The Java Developer will work closely with other team members i.e. Team Leader, Business analyst and Java Architect to deliver a high quality product.
• The Java developer will be held responsible for the success of the project to the same extent as every other team member.
• Develop test and document solutions which adhere to best practices and that fit into the existing framework.
• Develop new software.
Education & Qualifications:
• An IT related degree (BTech (IT), B Sc or BCom) or diploma would be advantageous / • Or Java programmer certification
Technical Skills & Experience:
• 2 - 5 years programming experience in Java.
• Experience in OO design.
• Experience in web and swing based projects and the J2EE architecture.
• Experience with open source frameworks such as Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JUnit.
• Experience working with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL).
• Experience in using Eclipse, Maven, and JBOSS. Linux.
• Experience in Jasper Reports.
• Exposure to the full software life cycle.
• Use of bug tracking systems.
• Proven experience of meeting deadlines and delivering quality code.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Problem solver.
• Good communicator.
• Positive attitude.
• Good time management.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Language requirements:
• Speak, understand and write: English
• Some understanding of Afrikaans recommended
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za