|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R40K - R30K per month|
|Education||B.Sc. Degree or relevant IT Diploma|
• The role will involve interaction with the business and other IT teams.
• The main responsibilities will be development of software interfaces between the various front and back office applications and development of custom extensions within the applications.
• From time to time, development and or extension of analytics, validation, and testing tools will be required.
• The creation and maintenance of strong relationships with the business and IT teams.
• Becoming familiar with the requirements and procedures of the business.
• Assisting with Systems, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
• It would be advantages to have a good background in Banking applications or Risk applications with a strong emphasis on back-office.
• Should be pro-active with an enthusiastic and helpful nature.
• Strong can-do attitude towards issue resolution.
• Team player with willingness to train, coach and mentor other junior team members over time.
• Works well under pressure.
• Must be prepared to take ownership of tasks and follow through to completion.
• Needs to be a creative thinker and problem solver.
• Must be prepared to adhere to company processes and procedures including change control, etc.
• Must have used and applied the Systems Development Life Cycle as part of the development approach / methodology.
• Must have solid Software Configuration management experience – such as Version Control, Change Control, etc.
• Experience in Integration and Middleware
• Strong experience in :
o Websphere MQ v5.3 or 6
o Web Services
o EJB 3
o Oracle PL SQL
o My SQL
Experience in Database design.
Appropriate IT qualification - Technical diploma or degree
B.Com with a Banking Focus will be an advantage.
• Good interpersonal skills including strong verbal, oral and written communication
• Lateral and conceptual thinker
• Effective planner
• Attention to detail
• Good telephone manner
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Must be proactive
• Ability to prioritise multiple tasks and deadlines
• Ambitious, delivery focused and deadline driven
• Team Player who is able to work alone when required
• Ability to work well with different personalities
• Sound analytical and technical skills
• Delivery focussed individual who takes ownership of tasks assigned
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za