|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R35K - R30K per month|
|Education||IT Related Degree/ Diploma|
Your role will include leadership, responsibility and ownership of design, development and deployment of core system modules. Furthermore, you will be required to contribute to the implementation of the best practices as well as mentoring of junior development staff.
Responsibilities of this job will include:
- Ensure that business requirements are transformed into technical requirements and design
- Implement a sound testing approach to ensure that business and technical requirements are met
- Write Unit Tests in parallel to development of code
- Facilitate communication upward and across project team including task status and timely notifications of delays
- Document best practices, workarounds or recommendations
- Takes on a mentoring role towards more junior developers
- Review other developers’ code and advise on areas of improvement
- Share ideas and gained understanding with the rest of the team either through a WIKI article or by presenting it in the daily stand-up meeting
- Ensure standards and good coding practices are followed
- IT related Degree/Diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience
- Core Java 1.5 / 6
- Extensive experience of J2EE (EJB2.1, EJB3, JSP, JSF, Servlets, MDB)
- Significant experience developing and maintain client and server side Web Services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience in designing and building MVC application stack
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Good understanding of UML, OO design, design patterns
- Experience of developing highly transactional, highly available real time applications
- Good working knowledge of SGL
- Exposure to J2ME
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies (Cassandra)
- Experience using JBoss/Apache technologies (Tomcat, MINA, Drools)
- Exposure to Erlang
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za