|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R540K - R420K per annum|
|Education||A tertiary qualification, preferably B Comm (IS) or BSc (Computer Science)|
Our client a dynamic leading company is looking to hire a Java Developer to be based in Johannesburg.
Qualifications and experience:
- A tertiary qualification, preferably B Comm (IS) or BSc (Computer Science)
- An applicable Java Programming Certification preferred
- 5+ years systems Development and Design experience
- 5+ years Java EE experience
- Object-orientated techniques
- J2EE Architecture experience [EJB, XML, Servlet API, Design patterns, JSP & JMS]
- SQL experience at an intermediate level, exposure to Oracle preferable.
- Programming logic must be on the highest level possible
- Experience in Short Term Insurance would be beneficial
- Deliver technical design solutions
- Assistance in the design and architecture of systems
- Object oriented design and data modelling
- Production of technical specifications
- Mentoring of staff
- Application systems development
- Co-ordination of development testing and implementation
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Assist the Business Analyst in developing the test pack
- Ensure that unit testing is conducted successfully
- Identify all defects during testing (Functional, System, Integration, Stress testing & UAT) and configure application build
- Identify all system defects during testing
- Produce error log sheet of all defects identified during testing
- Ensure that all source code has been quality assured (Reviewed) accordingly to QA policy
- Create the executable and ensure this is included in the implementation schedule.
- Assist with the implementation as per the roles defined in the implementation schedule
- Participate in post implementation review
- Thorough and efficient system documentation
- Meeting deadlines as agreed
- Regular status reports, as agreed
- Attend all technical, user and team meetings as required
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za