|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R580K - R470K per annum|
|Experience||5 - 8 years experience|
Our client in the Financial Industry is looking to employ a Java Developer to join their team to be based in Johannesburg. The role will involve interaction with the business and other IT teams. Your main responsibilities will be development of software interfaces between the various front and back office applications and development of custom extensions within the applications. Other responsibilities are as follow:
- From time to time, development and or extension of analytics, validation, and testing tools will be required.
- The creation and maintenance of strong relationships with the business and IT teams.
- Becoming familiar with the requirements and procedures of the business.
- Assisting with Systems, Integration and User Acceptance Testing.
- Appropriate IT qualification - Technical diploma or degree B.Com with a Banking Focus will be an advantage.
- 5 - 8 years experience
- Strong experience in :
o Websphere MQ v5.3 or 6
o Web Services
o EJB 3
o Oracle PL SQL
o My SQL
- Experience in Database design.
- It would be advantages to have a good background in Banking applications or Risk applications with a strong emphasis on back-office.
- Should be pro-active with an enthusiastic and helpful nature.
- Strong can-do attitude towards issue resolution.
- Team player with willingness to train, coach and mentor other junior team members over time.
- Works well under pressure.
- Must be prepared to take ownership of tasks and follow through to completion.
- Needs to be a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Must be prepared to adhere to company processes and procedures including change control, etc.
- Must have used and applied the Systems Development Life Cycle as part of the development approach / methodology.
- Must have solid Software Configuration management experience – such as Version Control, Change Control, etc.
- Experience in Integration and Middleware
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za