|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Western Cape|
|Salary||R420K - R300K per annum|
|Education||IT Degree or related Diploma|
|Experience||4 years development experience of which 2 years need to be solid Java/J2EE experience|
Our client based in Cape Town is looking to hire a Java Developer to join their team. This company is for ever growing and developing high – end retail software. Should you be successful in your application you would have the opportunity to gain substantial Enterprise Application Development experience on the Java Platform.
• IT Degree or related Diploma
• 4 years development experience of which 2 years need to be solid Java/J2EE experience.
• Candidates with more or deeper development experience are welcome to apply.
• Experience using SCRUM methodology will be a an advantage
• Experience to J2EE concepts
• Exposure/ Experience to Enterprise development (n-tier development) will be a huge advantage
• Experience to object-oriented design concepts
• Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential
• Previous working experience in a Retail IT environment is preferred
• Mandatory Skills / Abilities required to do these Jobs
- Generalist, with a passion for, and proven track record in the following core competency areas:
- Front End, Middle Tier, Database
- Experience working on transactional systems is essential
• Entity Frameworks (EF) – JPA, Hibernate
• Presentation Layer (UI) –Google Web Toolkit (GWT) experience required
• Scripting Language : PERL (any popular scripting language required but PERL preferred)
• Databases – Any Relational Databases experience necessary but Postgres, Sybase, preferred
• Operating System (O/S) – LINUX
• Experience with any of the popular Testing Tools necessary but Junit preferred
• Exposure to UML will be an advantage
• Resources with solid C# and associated technology skills wanting to transition into Java may also apply.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za