|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Salary||R30K - R20K per month|
|Education||B.Sc. Degree or relevant IT Diploma|
Java Developer / Java Technical Lead (Semantic Modelling Java 7). Award winning software house developing a pioneering semantic modelling application that allows large data intensive organisations to see, search, analyse and manage data in a way they have never been able to do before.
As a Java Developer / Java Technical Lead you will be utilizing cutting edge technologies that go beyond many of the current cloud / big data technologies and will be designing and developing highly complex distributed systems in a demanding, rapidly changing environment as well as providing technical leadership and mentoring to a team of exceptional software engineers. You will have architectural ownership of the main data transformation layer as well as the interfaces into the Sesame open-source framework used for querying and analysing RDF triple store data.
The company is technology focused and constantly seeking to innovate, as a Java Developer / Technical Lead you will be working on concepts and projects that are yet to be implemented or realised in the world today.
* Excellent core Java development and OO design skills (including Java 7)
* Extensive multi-threading and concurrency management experience in a similarly challenging, high transaction environment
* Significant architectural experience with large, high performance and complex distributed systems
* Comfortable developing software in a primarily Linux-based environment with tooling based around Eclipse, Subversion,
JUnit, Ant etc.
* Experienced with Agile software development methods.
* Excellent communicator, ideally with mentoring experience
* Degree educated in a technical or scientific discipline - 2.1 or above
* Experience with any / all of the following technologies is highly advantageous: OSGi framework, triple store databases, semantic modelling (OWL, RDF(S), RDF, SPARQL), ANTLR, Lucene, NoSQL, BigData, machine learning, AI
As a Java Developer / Technical Lead you can expect to earn a highly competitive salary, plus generous share options and a range of other benefits.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za