|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R45K - R40K per month|
|Education||B.Sc. Degree or relevant IT Diploma|
Java Developer / Java Technical Lead (Semantic Modelling Java 7). Innovative software house that is developing a pioneering semantic modelling application is seeking a skilled Java Developer / Technical Lead. The core product allows large data intensive organisations (mobile operators, telcos, banks) to see, search, analyse and manage data in a way they have never been able to do before.
As a Java Developer / Java Technical Lead you will design and develop highly complex distributed systems utilising cutting edge technologies that go beyond many of the current cloud / big data technologies. You will have architectural ownership of the main data transformation layer as well as the interfaces into the Sesame open-source framework used for querying and analysing RDF triple store data. You will be working in a demanding, rapidly changing environment as well as providing technical leadership and mentoring to a team of exceptional Java software engineers.
The company is technology focussed and constantly seeking to innovate, as a Java Developer / Technical Lead you will be working on concepts and projects that are yet to be implemented or realised in the world today.
* Excellent core Java development and OO design skills (including Java 7)
* Extensive multi-threading and concurrency management experience in a similarly challenging, high transaction environment
* Significant architectural experience with large, high performance and complex distributed systems
* Comfortable developing software in a primarily Linux-based environment with tooling based around Eclipse, Subversion, JUnit, Ant etc.
* Experienced with Agile software development methods.
* Excellent communicator, ideally with mentoring experience
* Degree educated in a technical or scientific discipline - 2.1 or above
* Experience with any / all of the following technologies is highly advantageous: OSGi framework, triple store databases, semantic modelling (OWL, RDF(S), RDF, SPARQL), ANTLR, Lucene, NoSQL, BigData, machine learning, AI
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za