|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Salary||R40K - R35K per month|
|Education||BSc preferred or related|
A leading South African Software House, based in Cape Town, developing high-end retail software, is looking for several resources, experienced Java Developers. A great opportunity for successful applicants to gain substantial Enterprise application development experience on the Java platform.
All applicants need to be South African citizens or already be in possession of valid work permits to work in South Africa.
Mandatory Skills / Abilities required to do these Jobs
Generalist, with a passion for, and proven track record in the following core competency areas:
Front End, Middle Tier, Database
Experience working on transactional systems is essential
1. Entity Frameworks (EF) – JPA, Hibernate
2. Presentation Layer (UI) –Google Web Toolkit (GWT) experience required
3. Scripting Language : PERL (any popular scripting language required but PERL preferred)
4. Databases – Any Relational Databases experience necessary but Postgres, Sybase, preferred
5. Operating System (O/S) – LINUX
6. Experience with any of the popular Testing Tools necessary butJunit preferred
7. Exposure to UML will be an advantage
8. Resources with solid C?and associated technology skills wanting to transition into Java may also
Personal Attributes / Character traits required for this job
- Delivery focused - Be deadline driven and adhere to Sprint deadlines
- Team Player –must be able to work as part of a team
- Self-Starter – Be able to work independently and contribute effectively to the team
- Flexible/adaptable/approachable and willing to work in rapid changing, high delivery environment
Education and General Working Experience
- Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential
- Matric with ideally 3 - 4 years development experience of which ideally 1 - 2 years need to be solid Java/J2EE
experience. Candidates with more or deeper development experience are welcome to apply. Remuneration
package will be tailored according to relevant technical experience.
- Ideally but not essential, some development experience using SCRUM methodology will be a an advantage
- Exposure to J2EE concepts will be an advantage
- Exposure to Enterprise development (n-tier development) will be a definite advantage
- Exposure to object-oriented design concepts will be an advantage
- Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential
- Previous working experience in a Retail IT environment is preferred
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za