|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R40K - R35K per month|
|Education||BSc preferred or related|
|Experience||3 years +|
Our client are a vibrant and highly successful market leading organisation. They are one of the SA's leading high-traffic websites and are currently looking to expand their team of highly talented JAVA Developers. This opportunity will offer the successful JAVA Developer the chance to work within a multi skilled team & follow an Agile development process. The software that the JAVA Developer will write will be delivered to millions of users & there will always be a wide variety of work in the pipeline.
Responsibilities for the JAVA Developer:
* Working in a team with other developers, business and quality analysts, designers and project managers
* Collaborating with project sponsors and representatives of the business to derive requirements and deliver the best solution
* Using your initiative and creativity to experiment with new ways of working and designing technical solutions for business requirements
* Estimating, implementing and testing user stories (functionality)
* Championing code quality during regular code reviews
* Participating in all project activities, including kick off meetings, iteration and release planning as well as showcase sessions
* Supporting the go live process of the software your team delivers as well as being involved in troubleshooting and support post go-live
* Sharing knowledge and coaching less experienced developers
Skills the JAVA Developer will need:
* Computer Science related degree (or equivalent)
* Commercial experience of working with JAVA in web environment
* Understanding of dependency injection and inversion of control would be advantageous
* Experience with automated testing and continuous integration
* Understanding of agile development life cycle would be preferable
* Passion and enthusiasm for coding, technology and the Internet
* Being prepared to invest in yourself and eager to learn
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on results
* Sense of ownership and responsibility for the work you deliver
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented JAVA Developer to be part of a highly dynamic team working together to produce great results. The atmosphere of the company is very friendly & enthusiastic. If you are a JAVA Developer who enjoys interacting with different departments & would like to work with a true market leader then apply immediately to avoid disappointment!
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za