Java Lead: Software Engineer
|Location||Java Jobs in Johannesburg|
|Education||B.Eng. or other B.Sc. degree|
|Experience||4+ years relevant experience|
In this role you will be a member and leader in an excellent software engineering team. You will need a passion for good software, be up to date with modern software engineering practices and technologies, and be enthusiastic about teamwork, lean thinking and agile delivery.
Designing, developing, implementing, integrating and maintaining the eMarkets Systems – which include our state of the art trading platform; our real time auto trading, routing & risk management services, and our low latency price calculation services.
Skills & Experience
B.Eng. or other B.Sc. degree with notable computing and mathematical content
Additional relevant IT Development certification would be advantageous.
• At least 4 years relevant experience (as key result areas)
• More experience…
• Real time systems knowledge
• Real time trading system knowledge
• Banking, Foreign Exchange Securities trading business knowledge
• J2EE/N-tier architectures, Advanced Java, Servlets, EJBs
• TDD / BDD principles
• JUnit, NUnit, StoryQ, JBehave or other relevant frameworks
• IOC, DI, Mocking frameworks
• Database design, SQL development, JDBC, Hibernate
• J2EE application servers, web servers, UNIX / Linux, BASH shell scripting
• Design Patterns, Architectural Patterns
• Ant, Maven, SVN, Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, Sonar etc.
• Integration skills: Messaging, queuing
• Internet protocols, IP networking, firewalls, proxy servers, the web
• Must have the ability to compile clear and concise design documentation
• Pairing experience
• Clean code
• Design and code review
• IBM HTTP server specifically
• Unix operating systems
• Commet style streaming over HTTP(s)
• Continuous incremental delivery of working software
• Excellence in software engineering
• Close collaboration and cooperative relationship with business, other stakeholders and colleagues
• Continuous improvement of technology and people
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Kirstin on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za