Java Software Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R400K – R350K per annum|
|Education||IT Related University Degree/ Diploma|
|Experience||Minimum 4 years Java Development experience in a Linux environment|
Our client is looking for a sharp Java Developer to join their team in Johannesburg. You will be under the supervision of the Hd Engineering and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Software Developer is responsible for implementing and maintaining systems and system enhancements as specified by the Hd Engineering.
• 4 years programming in Java application development (not embedded programming) in a Linux environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
• Familiar with Linux development tools (not Microsoft).
• Good understanding of Mobile Telecoms Value Added Services (VAS) and core GSM network (USSD apps, billing integration, SMS, IN integration, Pre-Paid integration) (not Post-Paid Billing development, not fixed line, not WiMAX).
• Good experience of open source environments.
• Linux/Unix - command line and scripting IP networks and protocols – TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP, SOAP, XML, Diameter, Radius etc.
• Ability to implement and document protocol elements from system designs.
• Experience in systems configuration, maintenance and debugging in the above environments.
• Excellent mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of version control tools (e.g. CVS, SVN, GIT).
• Good Team Player and self-starter.
• Experience in as many of the following as possible: Bash scripting language for Linux, Vim Editor, Netbeans IDE, GIT Code versioning control, CentOS, Tomcat, GCC (Gnu Compiler Collection), Python, Perl.
• 3 Years telecoms development experience using Java.
• Good experience of Real Time software development
• Postgres SQL experience or any SQL database.
• Good knowledge of Telecoms protocols (ISUP, SS7, MAP, CAMEL, DIAMETER).
• Development experience in mobile VAS e.g. voice-mail, SMS, USSD is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of mobile networks systems and business including roaming, pre & post pay billing, MNP, etc.
• 5 years’ experience
• Develop and code certain modules and/or enhancements to products.
• Develop web front ends, GUIs, interfaces for applications using mostly Java technologies and tools.
• Advise Hd Engineering on implementation issues including performance, maintainability and scalability.
• Work with other Software Developers, Hd Engineering, and partners who are providing sub-system products, or providing outsourced development work to ensure that a homogeneous system is built.
• Provide the relevant authority (Hd Engineering/COO/Project Manager) with reliable estimates for technical work and review risk lists for completeness and accuracy.
• Work with COO/Project Manager to ensure timelines are met, and risk is mitigated.
• Work with Hd Engineering and operational team to ensure the deployed solution meets specifications.
• Apply development expertise to everyday development activities to ensure long-term scalability and maintainability of products.
• 3rd line troubleshooting, performance and stability.
• Ensure adherence to the Company Procedures and other procedures that may be issued during the course of employment
• Any other duties deemed necessary to meet corporate objectives.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za