Java Technical Lead Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Salary||R600K - R420K per annum|
|Education||IT Degree or related Diploma|
|Experience||6 years Java/ J2EE development experience|
Our client based in Cape Town is looking to hire a Java Technical Lead Developer to join their team. This company is for ever growing and developing high – end retail software. Should you be successful in your application you would have the opportunity to gain substantial Enterprise Application Development experience on the Java Platform.
• IT Degree or related Diploma
• 6 years Java/ J2EE development experience
• Development experience using SCRUM methodology will be a an advantage
• Experience in J2EE concepts
• Experience in Enterprise development (n-tier development)
• Experience in object-oriented design concepts will be an advantage
• Experience working in an Agile development environment
• Mandatory Skills / Abilities required to do these Jobs
- Generalist, with a passion for, and proven track record in the following core competency areas:
- Front End, Middle Tier, Database
- Experience working on transactional systems is essential
• Entity Frameworks (EF) – JPA, Hibernate, Strust
• Presentation Layer (UI) –Google Web Toolkit (GWT) experience required
• Scripting Language : PERL (any popular scripting language required but PERL preferred)
• Databases – Any Relational Databases experience necessary but Postgres, Sybase, preferred
• Operating System (O/S) – LINUX
• Experience with any of the popular Testing Tools necessary but Junit preferred
• Exposure to UML will be an advantage
• Additional requirements for the Technical Lead role only:
- Ideally have 6 years development experience, preferably in the Java environment of which 2 needs to be in an Technical Lead role
- Must be able to mentor and guide junior team members
- Must have solid Java/Architect skills
• Developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software for large Retailers. Applications developed include merchandising systems, warehousing, insurance, reporting, POS, etc.
• Development extends to Font-end, Middle Tier and Databases and includes Presentation Layer, Business Logic, Data, Services, Databases and Scripting.
• Unit Testing software modules developed
• Applicable to Technical Lead role only – architect solutions and mentor team members
• Day-to-day duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Developing software and writing scripts as per specifications or requirements provided
• Unit Testing software using junit
• Working collaboratively as part of a SCRUM development team
o Obtaining business requirements from BA’s
o Collaborating with other developers and testers as required by the SCRUM methodology
o Participate in Sprint Planning Development Cycles every 2 weeks
o Participate in the Daily SCRUM meetings
o Define User Acceptance testing requirements for the QA team
• Applicable to Technical Lead role only – architect solutions, mentor team members and ensure code is up to standard and specification.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za