Junior Systems Administrator / IT Support
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Cape Town, Waterfront|
|Salary||R156K - R100K|
|Experience||2 - 3 years|
Our client is looking to hire a dynamic, forward thinking and motivated Junior Systems Administrator / IT Support. Their clients are some of the biggest brands in South Africa and abroad, and their developments are known to be award winning, pioneering and cutting edge.
Agency seeks a Junior Systems Administrator/IT support with 2-3 years of IT and system administrator experience within a digital marketing agency.
The main purpose is to offer IT related support to all staff members with special focus on workstation related matters.
Core responsibilities also expand to the management of other systems such as the telephone systems and general server in the office.
- Assist all Cape Town staff with any workstation-related queries and problems (Mac and Windows).
- Assist all remotely located staff, e.g. Johannesburg, Durban, etc., as much as possible.
End user Support:
- Assist staff in basic computer usage: i.e. basic operating system, MSOffice & Gmail.
- Manage the PABX system: i.e. troubleshooting etc.
- Ensure physical access to telephones, computers, etc. (i.e. all LAN and
- Office requirements for a workstation).
- Setup and maintain new staff
- Maintain access to printers/copiers for all staff.
- Setup and maintenance of general servers and services, as required.
- Supplier / Order Management
- Assist staff with identifying their hardware/software requirements and advise of better solutions or alternatives where appropriate.
- Getting approval for orders (both own and from staff requirements).
- Get quotations from hardware/software suppliers.
- Collecting hardware/software from supplier.
- Installation of hardware/software.
- Software and Hardware Tracking
- Detailed tracking of all software.
- Detailed tracking of all computer-related assets.
- Manage any movement of software and/or hardware between different workstations and/or locations.
- Scheduled PC and Laptop Maintenance
- Maintenance (and cleaning) of workstations and other general servers.
- General operating system and/or software maintenance of workstations and other general servers.
- Manage software and driver updates for workstations and other general servers.
- Safety / Security
- Detailed monitoring of anti-virus software for workstations and other general servers.
- Detailed monitoring of backups of workstations and other general servers.
- Regular backup and restore tests.
- Writing and documenting protocol and processes on various IT aspects as assigned by your manager.
Responsible: having the ability to take responsibility, as the role is involved with security-related matters and tracking of valuable assets and software
Good Communication: the ability to clearly communicate on a professional level in terms of risks and status updates
Strong Technical Skills: the ability to not only resolve tasks, but also doing it within a professional time period that clearly indicates a high level of skill in this subject matter
Ability to prioritise: ability to find the balance between prioritising multiple user queries and still attending to the more important tasks assigned, managing expectations of multiple users
- Must have drivers licence
- Must have own transport
- 2 year PC building and repair experience
- 3 years computer troubleshooting experience
- Mac and Windows operating system experience
- 2 years Linux experience / Samba / LAMP
- General understanding of IP networking/Routing/Switching
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self – drive and self – motivated
- Good communicator
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive outlook on life
- Assertive nature
- Logical thinker, especially regarding troubleshooting
- Customer service orientated
- Responsible and accountable
- Works/ performs well under pressure
- Willingness to learn
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za