Lead Commercial Quantity Surveyor
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Ghana|
|Salary||$200k - $150k (USD)|
A leading Western Australian based Engineering Consultancy firm has a vacancy for a Lead Commercial Quantity Surveyor to be based in Ghana on a 2 year project. This position is fly in fly out of your point of hire and will work an 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off rotation.
The successful candidate will display the following skills and experience:
• Undergraduate qualification in commerce, business or engineering
• 15+ years experience in Contracts Engineering/Management roles
• Strong working experience on resources projects, ideally minerals processing projects
• Previous experience leading and mentoring a team
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilising cost estimating techniques
• High-level knowledge of contract law and contract document requirements
• Previous experience working on a remote sites / locations (Ideally in Africa
• Demonstrated ability to achieve consistently high standards within both budgetary and schedule constraints)
• Extremely well-developed written and verbal communication skills
Reporting to the Project Manager and based on site you will be responsible for developing policies, procedures and processes for the preparation, evaluation, award, administration and close out of all contracts and consultancy service agreements for the project.
Other duties will include:
• Developing contract management plans, schedules and budgets for each contract, and ensure that the contract is
delivered in accordance with these controls
• Ensuring that communications with contractors, claims or disputes with contractors are resolved in a timely and
• Supervise, lead and mentor the site based Contracts team
• Controlling all formal contractual communications to ensuring that contractual correspondence/ notices from the
contractors are responded to in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant contract.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 605 3312. You can also contact Jotham on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za