Lead Water Engineer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R950k - R750k|
|Education||BSc Eng, PrEng|
Our Client, an international firm of Consulting Engineers, is currently looking to employ a dynamic Water Engineer to lead their Water Division.
The purpose of the position is to develop and grow the portfolio of water business in Southern Africa, as well as establishing and leading a team of water sector staff.
• Winning work for the water sector
• Maintaining and developing key relationships with water sector clients
• Updating, developing and implementing the water business strategy
• Commercial and technical management of the Southern Africa water business
• Identification, delivery and leadership of water sector business opportunities
• Identification of skill requirements and recruitment of appropriate staff
• Leading and delivering water sector projects which will comprise of technical studies, feasibility studies and project management
• Resource allocation and managing deliverables on both local and international projects
• Developing and managing a team of staff in terms of performance management, training & development, grievances, etc
• Managing day to day activities of the water business, focusing on billability of staff and profitability
• Technical review and quality assurance on water projects
• Identification and development of relationships with key potential partners and suppliers
• Integration with the Global Water Business
• Liaison with practice leaders and office leaders across the Southern Africa region.
• Bachelor degree in engineering
• Preferably with a Masters Degree qualification
• Professionally registered (Pr Eng or equivalent)
• Additional relevant tertiary qualification
• Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills.
• More than 10 years post qualification relevant experience within the water sector
• Track record in the design and delivery of water projects
• Overall understanding and appreciation of the water skills
• Good networking skills
• Demonstrable experience in the Southern Africa water sector
• Demonstrable experience in sector relevant business development
• Demonstrable experience in establishing and leading teams
• Demonstrable understanding of the South Africa water sector
• Demonstrable experience in delivering global skills in a local context
• Develop and drive strategy for compiling successful tenders and bids.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Roxanne on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za