|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Nelspruit|
|Salary||R70K – R80K|
|Education||B Eng degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering|
|Experience||6 - 10 years|
Brilliant career opportunity exists for a Maintenance Engineer in Mpumalanga with one of the largest producers in the fmcg industry..
Under Graduate Degrees - B Eng. (Mechanical)
B Eng degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
GCC ( Government Certificate of Competence) - advantageous
Minimum 6 -10 years’ experience in an FMCG environment (heavy machinery)
Minimum of 3 years Managerial experience in an Engineering environment with a proven successful track record Proven experience in hydraulics, maintenance systems Sound health due to operating requirements of equipment and mobility requirements of the position Advanced skills in MS Office and SAP
Role Objectives: Ensure operating efficiency of plant equipment / machinery through an effective breakdown management system and procedures
Minimizing plant breakdowns by implementing a pro-active prevention management system
Continuous enhancement of assets through an effect asset management system
Annual maintenance / project planning ensuring co-ordination between production and maintenance
Ensure the safety of people and equipment through the effective implementation of occupational ealth and safety as well as on site environmental management
Ensure positive staff morale through the implementation of effective people management processes
Ensure mutually beneficial relationships with internal customers as well as internal and external service providers / suppliers
1. Plant Maintenance by ensuring a minimum of 90% plant availability
2. Maintenance breakdowns Review downtime information and address recurring problems by conducting root cause analyses with Maintenance Teams, leading to identification of main causes of breakdown. Verify close-out of these main causes.
3. Safety, Health & Security Ensure all OSH Act legal requirements are met in terms of safety and ensure implementation of specific rules and regulations Ensure that the Factory comply to the company Risk standards. Ensure all legal requirements are met as per the legal register. Conduct risk assessments on a regular basis and implement action plans to minimise risks.
4. Environmental Ensure all Environmental legal requirements are met as per the legal register.
5. Capital Projects Optimise plant availability by identifying bottlenecks and provide suitable proposals of improving the process. Address process problems with the relevant Head of Department by investigating various alternatives to alleviate the specific problem. Compile capital project proposals as per budget requirements. Manage each capital project from conception to turn-key with available technical manuals, maintenance schedules, operational procedures and spares.
6. Management of Staff Lead, develop and motivate team towards achieving operational objectives. Responsible for appropriate training needs to be identified. Promote continuous improvement and innovative thinking. Ensure compliance with disciplinary code. Control leave and overtime for staff. Ensure structured review of performance appraisals. Interview candidates for vacant positions.
7. Spares Stock Control Responsible to evaluate spares stock levels (in consultation with Foreman, Engineering and & Factory Manager) on an on-going basis to balance Plant availability and stockholding capital. Audit stockholding quantities on a monthly basis. Ensure that all suppliers are evaluated according to all relevant purchasing procedures. Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure best possible price, quality and after sales service. Ensure the implementation and adherence to Company purchasing procedures.
8. Reports Compile budget and status reports for the Engineering Manager
9. Standby Perform standby duties as required.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 718 2245. You can also contact Hector/Chanel on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za