|Salary||$ - $|
|Education||Mechanical Engineering Degree|
|Experience||8 - 10 years’ plant or refinery experience required|
A leading petrochemical company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Mechanical Engineering Degree
• 8 - 10 years’ plant or refinery experience required
• Flexibility to travel and work in any required locations worldwide
• Good interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• The Mechanical Engineer will coordinate work at site and support construction and installation for the Upstream Projects team
• Participate in all areas and phases of the project from inception to completion
• Interact and collaborate with the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractor and Internal Engineering Disciplines
• Have significant leadership accountability during design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up of the facilities
• Provide your mechanical engineering expertise to support multi-disciplinary teams responsible for Extraction, OPP & Hydrotransport and Tailings
• Supervise, coordinate and inspect the efforts of the EPC Contractor(s) in the area of mechanical engineering including rotating equipment (slurry pumps, water pumps and flotation cells) and static equipment (tanks, pump boxes and vessels)
• Be exposed to a wide variety of processes and systems encompassing some or all of the following:
o Slurry Pumps
o Thickeners / Compressors / Flotation Cells
o Crushers / Conveyors / Surge Bins
o Slurry Transportation
o Ore Preparation Plant and Hydro transport
o Process heating and mixing systems
o Steam, water and air systems
o Other piping, mechanical, instrumentation and electrical equipment related to process facilities
• Analyse any deviation from design standards, industry codes and/or Horizon engineering practices and applicable procedures as well as input to resolution of non–conformances
• Review and endorse field changes being proposed by the main EPC Contractor and /or their subcontractors
• Demonstrate attention to detail while performing regular walk down inspections of the mechanical systems (or partial systems) to review completeness and compliance with project specs, in order to release them for hydrotest and pre-commissioning
• Adopt, maintain and apply Project Supplemental standards and design practices consistent with company engineering procedures and standards and provide guidance to Contractor on specific applications within their assigned work package
• Foster a productive work environment and open communication with the other project teams and business units
We offer a competitive salary package with numerous fringe benefits.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to +27 (0) 86 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on +27 (0) 21 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za