Mine Operations Manager
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Africa|
|Education||Degree in relevant technical discipline|
Our Client an Iron Ore Department in Mauritania is looking for a Mine Operations Manager to fulfil the following core responsibilities:
• Demonstrate and bring in leadership, advice and support, direction and coordination.
• Define clearly the role, account abilities and expectations of team members and ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and statutory obligations.
• Assist senior management team with development and oversee of accurate annual budgets and forecasting to align performance to meet annual targets.
• Identify obstacles and implement strategies early to address them to achieve budget.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of business cost drivers to achieve optimal outcomes for the operation.
• Support strategy for operation by appropriately resourcing the business plan to achieve current goals as well as sustainable levels of future performance in health, safety, Environment and community matters.
and maintain good working relationships with both, internal and external stakeholders.
•Closely monitor the day to day operation and deal with production issues as required.
•Work with managers on site toward the achievement of production and other targets across the operation.
•Formulate and maintain an Inspection system for all places in the mine.
•Provide input to short, medium and long term mine plans and be active in communicating requirements to direct reports and adherence to an agreed direction.
•Arrange for adequate training of operators.
•Appoint competent trainers and assessors to achieve requirements of site training plan and schedule training adequately as part of roster-hours.
•Effectively manage mobile fleet and other assets to achieve budget utilization rates and productivity levels.
•Escalate mining and technical issues that impact production to site leadership team and appropriate departments in a timely manner.
•Identify, quantify and manage risks and opportunities across all areas of responsibility.
•Procure & manage contractors’ cost effectively to meet production needs of the operation.
•Contribute to the production section of monthly report & cost review meetings.
•Identify continuous improvement opportunities in the mining and production areas and put actions in place.
? Degree in relevant technical discipline.
? 15 to 20 years of relevant international experience in contract mining and owner mining.
? Extensive experience in mine project development, execution and delivery.
? Solid track record of Leadership and management capabilities and of the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
?Very good user understanding of MS Office programs with good report writing and presentation skills are a must.
If you feel you qualify for this position please email your CV to Mining.email@example.com . You can also contact Precious or Mercy on 011 234 6868
or email us: mining.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za