Ocean Import Controller
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Durban, CBD|
|Education||Diploma in Logistics|
|Experience||5 Years' Experience|
Our Client in the freight forwarding industry is looking for an Ocean Import Controller to join their team in Durban. The ideal candidate needs to show the ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships
• Opening of shipment files.
• Establish and obtain landside and transport rates.
• Ensure all documentation including confirmation of the shipment details are attained and delivered to the clearing agent.
• Gather cargo and origination information and arrange the shipping method with the client and international offices.
• Facilitate most efficient turnaround time.
• Communicate with clients to keep them informed of the progress and arrival of shipments.
• Assist in the timely shipments by tracking and tracing client shipments from departure to arrival.
• Attain completed clearing instruction from the client and effectively advise the clearing agent.
• Establish and develop strongly valued relationships with all carriers, agents and clients.
• Diploma in Logistics
• 5 years’ experience in Ocean freight
• Sound Knowledge of the forwarding and clearing
• Incoterms and customs experience
• Financial background
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to 086 558 5110. You can also contact Stephanie on 021 555 0432
or email us: logistics.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za