PHP (LAMP) Developer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R32K - R28K per month|
|Education||B.Sc. Degree or relevant IT Diploma|
Ambitious php developer for an award winning boutique Agency with great clients and growing:
We are looking for a talented and intelligent php developer with 3 years of LAMP stack development on Full lifecycle php back end and front end work. You will be dynamic, passionate, committed and have a high end computer Science or Physics/Maths degree (or better) under your belt. We are looking for someone who can come in and look to grow into the technical Director/head of technology as we continue to grow.
Here is a guide of what we are looking for but first and foremost we are looking for aptitude and potential. So if you don't have all of the following but you are a Developer/programmer with passion and ability who wants to work with people with similar talent and aspiration, We want to hear from you.
* Working with PHP, MySQL, Zend, various APIs and frameworks
* Building new websites and applications, and new features for existing projects
* Reviewing and improving existing code
* Creating, extending and optimising database schemas
* Exploring application design/structure for major new projects
* Reviewing and testing other team members' code
* Writing and testing upgrade scripts
* Exploring ideas with the rest of the team to solve technical and user problems
* Learning and using the best and latest open source development tools and recommending new ones for us to use
* Attending tech conferences and stretching your capability at our expense and working in an excellent dynamic environment with passionate likeminded people who love what they do.
Skills, knowledge and experience
They value talent over experience - but there are some skills you will definitely need to get off to a good start:
* Fluent PHP5 OOP
* Fluent MySQL
* Understanding of MySQL injection, XSS, and other common security loopholes
* Understanding and experience of MVC patterns
* Computer science degree or demonstrable portfolio of great work
Some of the following could be useful:
* Mobile frameworks
* Social media APIs
* Zend framework
* HTML5, CSS3
* Database normalisation and optimisation
* Experience with open source projects, such as Drupal, Magento and Joomla
* Aptana/Zend Studio/PDT IDE
* Apache admin
* Linux admin
* Debugging, for example using Xdebug
* Code profiling
And we always get excited when someone mentions:
* Involvement in an open source or personal project
* Design patterns
* Automated functional testing
* Unit testing, eg with PHPUnit
* Continuous integration
They are an inventive, high-tech, fast growth digital agency, they love great code, but even more than that, they love the amazing things they can do with it. They are proud of the delivery success they have had delivering websites that work to clients that have engaged them time and again on ever larger projects. The majority of their business comes from recommendations and they have plenty of high value cutting edge work which will reward you enormously.
Right from the word go you will be an integral part of the php developer team empowered to stretch your abilities with the latest tools and technologies working with our other php developers, as well as our creative, UX and front-end teams, on a suite of brand new web apps we are creating for a client. Alongside this you will have the chance to work on varied large scale complex projects that are at the forefront of what can be achieved on the web. There are many benefits beyond the work. EG Hack days, training days, empowering technical safaris and camaraderie with like minded technologists in the Heart of London's digital Mecca, Shoreditch. This collaborative team have a fairly horizontal management structure but need a team Leader to steer the delivery of award winning projects to completion on budget and on time. You won't be pigeon holed here and will have real input on the direction of technical deployment and a hand in all facets that interest you. Back end, front end and design.
Great opportunity to take your career to the next level. APPLY TODAY!!!!
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za