PHP Developer / Team Leader
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Gauteng|
|Salary||R360K - R260K per annum|
|Experience||5+ years experience|
A position has become available for a developer team leader with a background in business intelligence to be based in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will need to have an IT related degree/diploma/certificate and 3-5 years experience. The duties will include development, assisting in coding patterns and designs, creating and overseeing tasks and reviewing work done. An assertive person with good leadership qualities is required.
• IT related Diploma / Degree / Certificate.
• 3-5 years experience in a development team leader role.
• 1-2 years experience in a BI environment.
• Programming languages required php, advantage cgi/perl
• Web technologies (java scripting), web2.0 (ajax) advantageous.
• Database integration and knowledge a must have, MySQL knowledge advantageous
• SQL and relational databases knowledge, ability to write sql queries, triggers and store procs advatageous.
• Good skills in research, analysis, design, project planning and implementation
• Flexibility to learn new languages where projects require it
• Knowledge of Linux advantageous.
• Bash scripting advantageous.
• Good analytical and business-analysis skills.
• Basic understanding of project-management disciplines
• Basic understanding of Business Change Lifecycle methodology.
• Working knowledge of programming languages, business modelling tools, UML and knowledge of SDLC
• Proven leadership capability, ability to motivate others towards performance, team orientation.
• Proven people-management skills
• Ability to establish and maintain a sense of discipline
• Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Analytical and methodical skills with a high attention to detail.
• Takes a lot of pride in themselves and there work.
• Have a strong ethos of writing high quality applications.
• Pro-active and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed.
• Score highly on innovation and initiative.
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently (relatively little supervision).
• Creative, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
• Be open to new ideas, methodologies and open to constructive criticism.
• Must be able to meet deadlines/commitments, good time management.
• Personal appearance to suit a corporate environment.
• A good positive attitude and demeanor, filled with energy and enthusiasm.
• The candidate will be required to interpret requirements, design, develop, test, document and support there developments.
• Be the senior developer and team leader for a division.
• Must take responsibility and ownership for the developments, applications, systems, etc within their division.
• Apply them selves and continually add value to their division and the department.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Nadia on 021 555 0432.
NOTE: When replying to the advert, also include the reference number in the subject line.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za