|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg|
|Salary||R30K - R20K per month|
|Education||B.Sc. Degree or relevant IT Diploma|
A leading technical and marketing company based in Johannesburg are looking for a PHP developer to join their dynamic team.
• IT related Diploma / Degree / Certificate.
• Valid drivers’ license & own car required. [non-negotiable]
• 0-8 years’ experience in a similar position. (we will look at graduates)
• Programming languages required PHP [non-negotiable], advantageous CGI/PERL
• Web technologies (java scripting), web2.0 (AJAX), jQuery essential.
• Database integration and SQL knowledge a must have, MySQL knowledge extremely advantageous
• SQL and relational databases knowledge, ability to write SQL queries, triggers and store procs advantageous.
• Not looking for someone to do graphics but to take artwork given to them and create web pages.
• Good skills in research, analysis, design, project planning and implementation
• Flexibility to learn new programming languages where projects require it
• Knowledge of Linux advantageous.
• Bash scripting advantageous.
• Ability to establish and maintain a sense of discipline
• Ability to code W3C compliant, well-formed XHTML.
• Ability to code CSS for styling and pure div layouts.
• Ability to hand-code XHTML/CSS.
• Good understanding of cross browser compatibility and restrictions.
• Excellent concept design ability for web.
• HTML5 Knowledge advantageous
• Mobile Application development advantageous
• Must be presentable to suit a corporate environment (well dressed and spoken).
• Analytical and methodical skills with a high attention to detail and pride in themselves and their work.
• Be self-reliant, management of own time and delivery of tasks according to deadlines.
• Willing to continuously update personal IT skills and knowledge
• Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously
• Deliver according to timelines even if it means working outside of the normal working hours
• Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and independently (relatively little supervision).
• Be open to new ideas, methodologies and open to constructive criticism.
• A good positive attitude and demeanour, filled with energy and enthusiasm.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• The candidate’s primary responsibility would be:
o Web site maintenance using PHP/CGI/PERL.
o To interpret verbal / written technical specifications (when supplied), develop, test and deliver according to spec and document and support there developments
o Do extensive testing of their own development and ensure it meets the company standards
o On-going maintenance and testing of development
• The role comprises approximately 50% back-end and 50% front-end application and web development, though this could change from project to project.
• Must take responsibility for the developments, applications, systems, etc. within their division.
• Apply themselves and continually add value to their division and the department.
• Help mentor more junior and share skills across the board
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: it.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za