A position has become available for a suitably qualified and experienced Plant Engineer at a Manufacturing company based in Nigel. Purpose of the post is to support the site engineer operationally and to conduct engineering activities on site through the effective execution of maintenance activities and projects so as to achieve production targets in line with forecast and budget, within QHSE and other guidelines and policies.
• B. Eng. degree, T5 or equivalent qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering.
• Preferably Government Certificate of Competence (GCC) Factories.
• Ideally one year maintenance management and/or project engineering work experience.
• Experience with plant maintenance programs.
• Experience in PLC controlled equipment.
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 as well as applicable laws.
• Ability to develop solutions to non-standard problems
The key responsibilities are:
• To effectively execute maintenance of equipment on site so as to ensure optimum availability of the plant/equipment to meet production deadlines.
• To investigate plant breakdowns, determine root cause(s) and develop appropriate corrective action whilst developing further appropriate action to prevent a possible recurrence
• Identify technically correct solutions to non-standard problems.
• To facilitate that capacity and availability of plant is at the required level in order to produce the forecasted quantities at acceptable quality levels, whilst maintaining safety levels
• To prepare engineering specifications for projects and to manage these to completion as guided by the site engineer.
• To maintain effective communication with other site departments in order to ensure a safe working environment and safe working methods in order to minimize potential toxic, fire risks
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 718 2245. You can also contact Chanel or Jessica on 011 234 6868/9.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: manufacturing.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za