Principal Drilling Engineer
|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Nigeria|
|Salary||$ - $|
|Education||Bachelors/3-5 year Degree|
|Experience||15+ years’ relevant experience (Semi-Submersible)|
An oil drilling consultancy is looking for a Principal Drilling Engineer (Nigeria).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors/3-5 year Degree
• 15+ years’ relevant experience (Semi-Submersible)
• Previous Nigerian / West African experience
• Extensive experience involving semi's, knowledge of onshore and jack-up operations would be beneficial
• IWCF subsea well control at supervisory level or equivalent
• Exemplary HSE leadership
• Strong drive for continuous performance improvement
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading effectively in a multi-cultural society
• Team leadership capabilities
• Completion and testing experience
• Able to work under sustained high workload, meet tight deadlines yet still deliver quality work
• Competency with drilling engineering software
• Proficiency with spread sheets, word processors and presentation software
• Project management skills
• Excellent knowledge of drilling engineering and international industry standards, ideally acquired while working for a large international operator
• Good organisation and project management skills, ensuring efficient application of the company's well delivery and commercial processes
• Contracts and contractor management
• Competitive day rate, paid overseas by first week of following month, net of Nigerian Income Tax. Travel days paid
• 12 months, renewable based on performance
• Lead a team of drilling/completion and well test engineers in planning and supporting the safe and efficient delivery of development, exploration and appraisal wells in water-depths up to 700ft, offshore Nigeria
• Operations involve the following special challenges:
o High pressure / narrow margin drilling techniques
o High angle / extended reach drilling
o Subsea completions and well testing
o Third party staff, service and equipment quality
o Complex supply chain and logistics
o Interaction with other (G&G) departments
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com or fax to +27 (0) 86 605 3312. You can also contact Lindy on +27 (0) 21 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance, Logistics or Engineering staff, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: oilandgas.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za