|Location||SA. South Africa|
|Education||Degree in Purchasing Management|
|Experience||10 years experience|
Our client is looking for a Procurement Manager to join their dynamic team
• Responsible for drafting/coordinating/compiling Materials Management and Contracts Management strategies and plans as well as the Procurement section of the Project Execution Plan (PEP)
• Responsible for implementing all procurement processes and procedures including forms and templates to be used on the project
• Responsible for the entire project procurement lifecycle from the procurement package definition stage to the closeout stage
• Provides supervision, training and assistance to all procurement team members across Contracting, Purchasing, Expediting, Vendor Quality Surveillance, Logistics and Site Materials Control disciplines; promotes and maintains a healthy and harmonious work environment
• Provides inputs for Project reporting as required
• Verifies and ensures integrity of the entire procurement lifecycle, validates that all activities are carried out in accordance with the relevant procedures, maintains sound business practices in an ethical manner
• Ensures compliance to and maintenance of the procurement filing system (electronic and hardcopy)
• Understands and manages the procurement and project strategies in order to provide the best outcomes in terms of scope, cost and time
• Interfaces with the client to ensure that objectives are achieved, potential problems are identified and preventive or corrective actions are taken
• Performs continuous self-audits to ensure compliance with guidelines and procedures
Conducts regular interval meetings with team members to discuss status quo, identifies and resolves all issues within the team
Acts as primary communication resource within the project regarding procurement issues
Foresees potential problems, slippage or delays and pro-actively implements corrective measures to resolve the issues or mitigates the impact thereof
Provides reporting and updates to the client, the Project Manager and the Procurement Hub Lead on a regular basis
Plans, controls and monitors procurement activities in accordance with the approved project schedule
Ensures functional direction on all procurement issues, including site construction contract issues, during contract administration and closeout
Performs resource planning, which includes man-hour allocation and management
Ensures efficient and correct usage of Procurement Management Systems and Document Management Systems
Where required, performs site visits to oversee the procurement/commercial activities or resolve issues arising on the project; maintains a presence both on site and in home/execution office. In specific cases, a Site Procurement Manager may be based at site during the construction phase.
Qualifications and Experience:
Extensive experience on an EPCM project environment with capital projects, specifically in a management role
Related training in Contracts/Legal as well as general project and management related training
Experience with drafting of commercial terms and conditions and an understanding of accompanying legal implications
Proficient negotiation skills
Excellent understanding of procurement processes which include both materials and contracts management and corporate governance principles
Knowledge and understanding of quality systems, environmental, health and safety regulations, expediting techniques and Incoterms applications
Experience and understanding of contracting and purchasing strategies
Project management knowledge with proven managerial skills
Experience in dispute resolution techniques and their applications
Prior experience in the administration of construction/service contracts and major equipment purchase orders
Experience in using, developing and implementing procurement reporting tools.
An appropriate tertiary qualification will be highly regarded
Engineering diploma is an asset
Diverse international experience is an asset.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 724 7757. You can also contact Tercia on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful. Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Mass Staffing Projects.
If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential.
or email us: logistics.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za