|Location||Recruitment Agency / Vacancy in Johannesburg|
|Experience||3 years experience|
Our client is looking for a procurement officer who will be required to assist with local and import/ export procurement and supplier contracts compiling information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material
1. B.Com Logistics or International Trade degree
2. 3 years relevant experience in a Procurement/Buying/Expediting position
3. High level of computer literacy in MS Office Suite
4. High level of administration skills
5. Excellent verbal and written communication
6. Excellent interpersonal skills
7. Good Negotiating skills
1. Verify specifications of the purchase requests.
2. Searches inventory records or warehouse to determine if material on hand is in sufficient quantity.
3. Types purchase order and sends copy to supplier and department originating request.
4. Compiles records of items purchased or transferred between departments, prices, deliveries, and inventories.
5. Computes total cost of items purchased.
6. Compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates and awards contract to bidders or places orders with suppliers
7. Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications for conformance to company policy.
8. Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
9. Track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders.
10.Confer with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
11.Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
12.Calculate costs of orders, and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts.
13.Check shipments when they arrive to ensure that orders have been filled correctly and that the goods meet specifications.
14.Compare suppliers' bills with bids and purchase orders in order to verify accuracy.
415.Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 724 7757. You can also contact Tercia on 021 555 0432.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Mass Staffing Projects offers a R1000 for any candidate that is referred and placed through Mass Staffing Projects.
Mass Staffing Projects also offers a R1000 job spec fee for any referral that results in a placement through Hire Resolve. If your company is looking for any IT, Finance or Engineering staff, please email us at email@example.com with the company name, a contact person and contact email or number of the person doing the hiring. We will keep the referral strictly confidential
or email us: logistics.jobs(at)staffingprojects.co.za